It Begins and ends with Jesus
May 13, 2018 | Jeff Kaufman
Passage: 1 John 2:18-29
Jesus was a man.
- John 4:6 ‘Jacob’s well was there; so Jesus, wearied as he was from his journey, was sitting beside the well. It was about the sixth hour.’
- Luke 24:39 ‘See my hands and my feet, that it is I myself. Touch me, and see. For a spirit does not have flesh and bones as you see that I have.’
- 1 John 4:2 ‘By this you know the Spirit of God: every spirit that confesses that Jesus Christ has come in the flesh is from God.’
Jesus was fully God.
- Titus 2:13 ‘Waiting for our blessed hope, the appearing of the glory of our great God and Savior Jesus Christ.’
- John 20:28 ‘Thomas answered him, ‘My Lord and my God!’’
Jesus came to save mankind from their sin and offer eternal life
- Ephesians 1:7 ‘In him we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of our trespasses, according to the riches of his grace,’
- John 3:16 ‘For God so loved the world that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life.’
- Romans 5:9 ‘Since, therefore, we have now been justified by his blood, much more shall we be saved by him from the wrath of God.’
Jesus calls His followers to obedience and the work of building His Kingdom
- Matthew 28:18-20 ‘And Jesus came and said to them, ‘All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. Go therefore and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, teaching them to observe all that I have commanded you. And behold, I am with you always, to the end of the age.”’
- 2 Corinthians 5:20 ‘Therefore, we are ambassadors for Christ, God making his appeal through us. We implore you on behalf of Christ, be reconciled to God.’
- Matthew 5:13-16 ‘You are the salt of the earth, but if salt has lost its taste, how shall its saltiness be restored? It is no longer good for anything except to be thrown out and trampled under people’s feet. You are the light of the world. A city set on a hill cannot be hidden. Nor do people light a lamp and put it under a basket, but on a stand, and it gives light to all in the house. In the same way, let your light shine before others, so that they may see your good works and give glory to your Father who is in Heaven.’
"...God is light, and in him is no darkness at all." There are great promises and great joy for us when we walk in the light of God.